Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dil pe rakhkar haath kahiye desh kya azaad hai!!!!!

I was watching the news last night...A Chief Minister coming to visit the destroyed site with a renowned film maker...and his deputy makes a statement - "Such things can happen anytime in big cities"...sounds strangely familiar to a dialogue by Shahrukh Khan in one of his megahits! The only difference being that he was referring to falling in love...and this statesman was talking about a terrorist attack which killed about a couple of hundred of people just a few days back! Oh yes and we have more...another chief minister tries to visit the family of a deceased soldier just to get some publicity only to be denied the permission to do so by the poor boy's father! Just where are we living?
I was suddenly reminded of a song we used to identify with during our institute days...Perhaps it does have something do with what we have been witnessing over the past few days...perhaps it does have something to do with the feeling of escapism that haunts me now and then...perhaps it is a feeling of disbelief to see my beloved Mumbai crippled! Every time I listen to this song, it reminds me of the intensity with which I had stepped out of the institute all set to change the world, the faces who wanted to make a difference to the world...of my friends whom I respect for having stayed on while I escaped, the people who made life a wonder even till date...and of course, the man who gave me this song as a gift I can never forget in my Life! And so...here goes the lines that haunt me till date...and ones that I have learnt to love...
Sau mein satter aadmi filhaal jab nashaad hai
Dil pe rakhkar haath kahiye desh kya azaad hai...

Kothiyo se mulk ki maiyyar ko mat ankiye
Asli hindustan toh footpath par abaad hai…

Jo ulajh ke reh gayi hai file o ki jaal mein
Gaw tak woh raushni pahuchegi kitne saal mein…

Boodha bargad sakshi hai gaaw ke choupal par
Ramsudi ki jhopdi bhi dheh gayi chaupal par…

Sattadhari lad pade hai aaj kutto ki tarha
Sukhi roti dekhkar hum mufliso ke haat mein…

Lad rahe hai isliye ke pyar jag mein jee sake
Aadmi ka khoon koi aadmi na pee sake…

Aaj har deewar pardo ki tarah hilne lagi
Shart lekin thi ki yeh buniyad hilni chahiye…

Har nagar se, har sheher se, har gali har gaw se
Haath lehrate hue har lash chalni chahiye…

Ek chingari kahi se dhoond lao dosto
Is diye mein tel se bhigi tui baati toh hai…

Chal padhe hai hum bandhkar sab sar par kafan
Hum rahein ya na rahein asha toh rehni chahiye…

Is nadi ki dhaar se thandi hawa ati toh hai
Naaw jar jar hi sahi lehro se takrati toh hai…

Mere seene mein nahi toh tere seene mein sahi
Ho kahi bhio aag lekin aag jalni chahiye…

Sirf hungama khada karna mera maqsad nahi
Apni koshish hai ke ye soorat badalni chahiye…

Ho gayee hai peer parzat si pighalni chahiye
Is Himalay se koi Yamuna nikalni chahiye…

No comments: